Telstra are Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company, with one of the best known brands in the country. We offer a full range of services and compete in all telecommunications markets throughout Australia, providing more than 9.86 million Australian fixed line and more than 8.9 million mobile services.
Our main activities include the provision of:
- basic access services to most homes and businesses in Australia
- local and long distance telephone calls in Australia and international calls to and from Australia
- mobile telecommunications services
- broadband access and content
- a comprehensive range of data and Internet services (including through Telstra BigPond®, Australia's leading Internet service provider)
- management of business customers' IT and/or telecommunications services
- wholesale services to other carriers, carriage service providers and ISPs
- advertising, search and information services (through Sensis, Australia's leading directory and search company)
- cable distribution services for FOXTEL's® cable subscription television services.
One of our major strengths in providing integrated telecommunications services is our vast geographical coverage through both our fixed and mobile network infrastructure. This network and systems infrastructure underpins the carriage and termination of the majority of Australia's domestic and international voice and data telephony traffic.
Telstra owns 50% of FOXTEL®, and its international businesses include:
- CSL New World Mobility Group, one of Hong Kong's leading mobile operators
- TelstraClear Limited, the second largest full service carrier in New Zealand
- Reach Ltd, a provider of global connectivity and international voice and satellite services
- SouFun Holdings Limited, a leading real estate and furnishings website in China.
Web Address: http://www.telstra.com/