About the Australian Network on Disability
The Australian Network on Disability (AND) is a not-for-profit organisation resourced by its members to advance the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business. We help our members and clients to welcome people with disability as employees, customers and suppliers.
Our highly skilled disability consultants come from a wide variety of professional backgrounds, meaning we will always provide you with the consultant with the most relevant skills and experience for your organisation's specific situation.
We are not an employment agency, and do not find jobs for people with disability. Rather, we work with our member organisations so that they become more confident and prepared to welcome people with disability into their organisations.
To advance the equitable inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business
To create a disability confident Australia as a national peak body.
To provide expert advice and services on disability to employers, Government representatives and industry bodies
What do we do?
We help organisations develop the behaviours, the attitudes, the systems and the knowledge to successfully engage with people with disability as employees, customers and stakeholders.
- Create opportunities of mutual benefit for people with disability and organisations
- Facilitate an employer network on disability for mutual learning and information sharing
- Help organisations become compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act (1992)
- Assist businesses to implement the Charter for the Employment of People with Disability, a set of 10 principles that assist in achieving best practice
- Hold events that provide knowledge and networking opportunities
- Develop customised tools and specialist publications
- Provide an information line on disability
- Provide Disability Awareness, Customer Service and HR training
We also undertake valuable projects that can inform us on what it takes to successfully include people with disability as employees, customers and suppliers in a range of businesses and locations.
Our highly skilled disability consultants can assist you to take the steps required to become a "disability confident" organisation.