About the Australian Network on Disability
Founded in 2000, the Australian Network on Disability (AND) is a national, membership based, for purpose organisation that aims to advance the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business. We help our members and clients to welcome people with disability as employees, customers and suppliers.
Member organisations have access to a network of highly skilled relationship managers and training consultants, who are experts in providing training, advice and resources to support disability access and inclusion.
We are not an employment agency, and do not find jobs for people with disability. We work in partnership with our member organisations to support them to become more confident and welcoming to people with disability.
To advance the equitable inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business.
To create a disability confident Australia as a national peak body.
To provide expert advice and services on disability to employers, Government representatives and industry bodies.
AND supports business goals by:
- Helping organisations develop the behaviours, the attitudes, the systems and the knowledge to successfully engage with people with disability as employees, customers and stakeholders.
- Providing the tools so organisations can measure their progress and benchmark their performance on inclusion for people with disability - Access and Inclusion Index.
- Creating opportunities for mutual benefit between organisations and people with disability through programs such as Stepping Into internship program and PACE mentoring program.
- Facilitating employer networks for mutual learning and information sharing.
- Developing customised tools and specialist publications for employers.
- Fascilitating learning opportunities such as Disability Confidence for HR, Disability Confidence for Managers and Disability Confident Recruiter.
- Undertaking valuable projects that inform us on what it takes to successfully include people with disability as employees, customers and suppliers in a range of businesses and locations