Communication and Ettiquette
This training package is designed to assist all employees in overcoming difficult situations or feelings of inadequacy for fear of embarrassment when meeting a person who has a disability or potentially result in avoidance of people with disability.
The Communication and Etiquette training module is a short briefing session for a team who may have a co-worker with disability joining them, or already working with them.
The briefing covers disclosure of disability, communication and etiquette.
The Communication and Etiquette briefing can be imbedded into induction procedures, general staff training or annual reviews.
- Disability in context
- Communication and Etiquette
- Feedback and close
By the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Understand disability in context;
- Understand the legislative requirements
- Learn how to accommodate specific requirements and make adjustments
- Know appropriate Australian terminology
- Know where to find further information and assistance.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org