National Conference 2013
Save the date!
The Australian Network on Disability extends a warm invitation to our members as well as guests to attend our fourth national conference Raising the Bar 2013.
Date: Wednesday 15 May 2013
Venue: Hilton Sydney
What: As Australia’s only conference on disability for employers, the event is an outstanding opportunity for HR and diversity professionals to gain insight into best practice and current trends around recruitment, retention and inclusion of people with disability in Australia.
The 2013 conference will include high-profile keynote speakers, diversity experts, and case studies from major organisations. It will be facilitated by popular media personality Jane Caro. Speakers include:
- Janet Meagher AM, National Mental Health Commissioner
- Graeme Innes AM, Disability Discrimination Commisioner
- Sue Jeffery, General Manager ANZ Direct
- Helen Cooke, Director, My Plus Consulting UK
- Craig Wallace, Chair, People with Disability Australia
- Troy Roderick, General Manager, Diversity & Inclusion, Telstra
AND’s Gala Dinner will follow the conference, providing a fantastic opportunity to network with other participants over three courses of fine food and drinks. Entertainment will be provided by:
- MC iconoclastic comedian Stella Young from ABC Ramp Up
- Guest speaker Milly Parker, Award winning entrepreneur, disability advocate and Yooralla Disability Ambassador
For more information, contact AND on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 8270 9200. Please let us know if you have any access or dietary requirements.
The conference is kindly sponsored by WorkFocus Australia, Woolworths, AiMedia, CRS Australia and Australian Communication Exchange.
Our conference is accessible for people with disability, and will include:
wheelchair accessibility to all areas
2012 conference feedback: “I thought it was fantastic - a good line up of speakers. The panels were a really good way of sharing knowledge and including story telling. I have come back inspired with lots of fresh ideas to do even more in the accessibility space. Thank you AND!”
Jenny Macklin MP presenting at AND conference 2012
Previous day Workshops - conference 2013
We will also be holding workshops in the Sydney CBD on the previous day, Tuesday 14 May.
AM: Attracting Graduates with Disability, facilitated by Helen Cooke, MyPlus Consulting UK
PM: Creating a Disability Inclusive Culture, facilitated by AND with member presentations
These workshops will be kindly hosted by Sparke Helmore, and participant numbers are limited. See more workshop information.
- To examine current and future trends in relation to disability and business, assisting delegates to gain a greater understanding of how disability impacts on their business
- To equip employers with the skills and knowledge required to proactively attract, recruit and retain people with disability
- To enhance awareness of disability as a business issue and ensure it remains on the agenda during challenging economic times
- To provide members and potential members with the opportunity to network, share best practice and build relationships with others interested in disability as it affects business