Save the date!
The date for our 2014 National Conference is 21 May in the Sydney CBD. Please mark this in your diary! We will begin promoting this event to our members and stakeholders in February 2014.
What: As Australia’s only conference on disability for employers, the event is an outstanding opportunity for HR and diversity professionals to gain insight into best practice and current trends around recruitment, retention and inclusion of people with disability in Australia.
The Australian Network on Disability welcomed 100 guests at our fourth national conference Raising the Bar 2013 held on 15 May at the Sydney Hilton.
The 2013 conference included high-profile keynote speakers, diversity experts, and case studies from major organisations. It was facilitated by popular media personality Jane Caro. Speakers included:
- Janet Meagher AM, National Mental Health Commissioner
- Graeme Innes AM, Disability Discrimination Commisioner
- Sue Jeffery, General Manager ANZ Direct
- Helen Cooke, Director, My Plus Consulting UK
- Craig Wallace, Chair, People with Disability Australia
- Troy Roderick, General Manager, Diversity & Inclusion, Telstra
AND’s Gala Dinner followed the conference, providing a fantastic opportunity for networking with other participants over three courses of fine food and drinks. Entertainment was provided by:
- MC iconoclastic comedian Stella Young from ABC Ramp Up
- Guest speaker Milly Parker, Award winning entrepreneur, disability advocate and Yooralla Disability Ambassador
For more information, contact AND on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 8270 9200.
The conference was kindly sponsored by WorkFocus Australia, Woolworths, AiMedia, CRS Australia and Australian Communication Exchange.
Our conference was accessible for people with disability, and included:
wheelchair accessibility to all areas
2012 conference feedback: “I thought it was fantastic - a good line up of speakers. The panels were a really good way of sharing knowledge and including story telling. I have come back inspired with lots of fresh ideas to do even more in the accessibility space. Thank you AND!”
Jenny Macklin MP presenting at AND conference 2012
Previous day Workshops - conference 2013
AND also held workshops in the Sydney CBD on the previous day, Tuesday 14 May.
AM: Attracting Graduates with Disability, facilitated by Helen Cooke, MyPlus Consulting UK
PM: Creating a Disability Inclusive Culture, facilitated by AND with member presentations
These workshops were kindly hosted by Sparke Helmore. See more workshop information.
- To examine current and future trends in relation to disability and business, assisting delegates to gain a greater understanding of how disability impacts on their business
- To equip employers with the skills and knowledge required to proactively attract, recruit and retain people with disability
- To enhance awareness of disability as a business issue and ensure it remains on the agenda during challenging economic times
- To provide members and potential members with the opportunity to network, share best practice and build relationships with others interested in disability as it affects business