The Directing Change Mentorship Program gives you the unique opportunity to mentor a leader with disability.
As a mentor, you will be connected to an emerging leader with disability and support them in developing their governance knowledge. You will build your understanding of the barriers experienced by people with disability in the workforce and increase your confidence in ensuring Australian boardrooms are accessible and inclusive to all leaders.
Mentor and mentee partners will meet 8 times over the 8 months of the program, with the opportunity to work through a range of activities surrounding career development, boardroom insights, professional networking and confidence building.
To be eligible, you must be an experienced company director (5 years + board experience) who is eager to build their disability confidence and share their governance knowledge. This program is for directors with limited disability knowledge and confidence.
- Applications open: Tuesday, November 22, 2022
- Applications close: Tuesday, January 31, at midnight (AEDT)
- Applicants advised of outcomes: Mid-February 2023
- Payments due: End of February 2023
- Program Launch: April 2023
- $700 plus GST
How we will support you
In April, prior to the program launch, you will be invited to attend a briefing session with your fellow mentors to outline the program commitment and explore meeting activity ideas.
Handbooks will be provided to participants and routine check-ins will take place throughout the program.
We will support participants with disability to ensure required adjustments and accessibility requirements are implemented as needed.
Need more information?
Join our free information session to find out more about the program, tips for applications as well as general mentoring tips.
- Date: Wednesday, 25 January 2023
- Time: 3 pm (AEST)
- Please register for the information session
Ready to apply? Here are some tips:
- Provide as much information as possible to ensure we match you with a suitable leader with disability.
- You will need to submit your resume upon application.
- Let us know of any adjustment requirements or support you require throughout the application process or program.
- Read the Directing Change Mentoring Terms & Conditions before submitting your application.
- The link below will direct you to the application form. This should take you approximately 10 minutes to complete.