Directing Change Scholarship
15 full-fee scholarships are provided to people who identify as a person with disability, disability, mental health condition or chronic illness (including physical, intellectual, sensory, neurological, psychological, or immunological) and are a practicing director or senior executive reporting to boards with a minimum 3 years’ experience (choose Company Directors Course) or a new director, senior executive, or manager (choose Foundations of Directorship program).
The scholarship provides the opportunity to attend either the Company Directors Course or the Foundations of Directorship program, both ran by the AICD. Participants will also gain:
- one-year membership to the AICD
- a subscription to the AICD’s Directorship Opportunities service
- 8 months of mentoring with an Australian business leader.
- Tailored leadership workshops to support career and leadership progression
Applications for 2023 Directing Change Scholarship are currently closed.
Disability Leadership Program
In the first round of the national Disability Leadership Program, 100 full-fee scholarships are being funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
Scholarship recipients will undertake the Company Directors Course or the Foundations of Directorship course at AICD.
In addition to the course, scholarship holders will receive a complimentary one-year:
- AICD membership
- Directorship Opportunities subscription, Australia’s foremost listing platform which provides the widest choices for directorship positions
To help maximise board career opportunities, the program will also work with existing directors to build disability confidence through Leader-to-Leader Conversations facilitated by Australian Network on Disability.
2022 Disability Leadership Program applications are currently closed. Watch out for our 2023 cohort.