NSW Department of Family and Community Services (FACS)
The Department of Family and Community Services’ (FACS) vision is to empower all people to live fulfilling lives and achieve their potential in inclusive communities. We put people first and we create local solutions tailored to meet local needs. FACS collaborates with government, non-government and community partners to work with children, adults, families and communities to improve lives and realise potential, with a focus on breaking, rather than managing, disadvantage.
Our main objectives are:
- Children and young people are protected from abuse and neglect.
- People with disability are supported to realise their potential.
- Social housing assistance is used to break disadvantage.
- People are assisted to participate in social and economic life.
- People at risk of, and experiencing, domestic and family violence are safer.
- Aboriginal people, families and communities have better outcomes.
If you want to learn more about our department please visit our website www.facs.nsw.gov.au.
For employment opportunities in FACS please visit the ‘I Work For NSW’ job site (iworkfor.nsw.gov.au) and select ‘Department of Family and Community Services’ using the search function.Web Address: http://www.facs.nsw.gov.au