Department of Parliamentary Services
The Department of Parliamentary Services (DPS) is one of four parliamentary departments supporting the Australian Parliament.
DPS supports the functions of the Australian Parliament and the work of parliamentarians through the provision of professional services, advice and facilities, the ongoing maintenance of Australian Parliament House; and makes the building, and the important activity that takes place within it, accessible. DPS reports to the Presiding Officers of the Parliament (the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives).
DPS provides, or facilitates the following:
- library and research services;
- information and communication technology services;
- security services;
- building, grounds and design intent services;
- audio visual and Hansard services;
- art services;
- visitor services;
- food and beverage, retail, health, banking, and childcare services; and
- corporate, administrative and strategic services for DPS.