Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
The Australian Department of Agriculture's role is to develop and implement policies and programs that ensure Australia's agricultural, fisheries, food and forestry industries remain competitive, profitable and sustainable.
Our policies and programs:
- encourage and support sustainable natural resource use and management
- protect the health and safety of plant and animal industries
- enable industries to adapt to compete in a fast-changing international and economic environment.
- help improve market access and market performance for the agricultural and food sector
- encourage and assist industries to adopt new technology and practices, and
- assist primary producers and the food industry to develop business and marketing skills, and to be financially self-reliant.
The Department employs about 4200 staff in Australia and overseas, including policy officers, program administrators, scientists, economists, meat inspectors, veterinary officers and quarantine inspectors.
The Department values diversity and is currently exploring strategies and options to enhance employment opportunities for people with disability.
Further information about the Department can be found at:
For employment opportunities with the Department, please access http://www.daff.gov.au/about/jobs.Web Address: http://www.daff.gov.au.