Women with Disabilities Victoria
Women with Disabilities Victoria is the peak body of women with disabilities in Victoria.
Women with Disabilities Victoria:
- Provides support and resources to women with disabilities in leadership roles
- Works with community services and organisations to ensure they are inclusive of women with disabilities
- Ensures services for people with disabilities consider a gender perspective that is responsive to women with disabilities
- Works in partnership with other disability and women’s organisations
- Encourages and undertakes research on issues affecting women with disabilities
- Provides a voice for women with disabilities to influence government policy and legislation
Women with Disabilities Victoria does not provide direct advocacy representation or assistance to individuals.
The current priorities of Women with Disabilities Victoria are:
- Prevent and respond to violence against women with disabilities
- Accessible and inclusive health systems
- Make the NDIS relevant to women with disabilities.
While focusing on our three priorities we will use every opportunity to:
- Promote the importance of access to mainstream services
- Create leadership opportunities for women with disabilities.