Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency
The Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA) is the Australian Government’s primary authority on radiation protection and nuclear safety. Our purpose is to protect the Australian people and the environment from the harmful effects of radiation, through understanding risks, best practice regulation, research, policy, services, partnerships and engaging with the community.
The ARPANSA program of work entails six key strategic objectives that guide our priorities and contribute to delivering radiation protection and nuclear safety outcomes to the Australian community:
- Protect the public, workers and the environment from the harmful effects of radiation.
- Promote radiological and nuclear safety and security, and emergency preparedness.
- Promote the safe and effective use of ionising radiation in medicine.
- Ensure risk informed and efficient regulation.
- Strengthen engagement with community and government.
- Enhance organisational innovation, capability and resilience
ARPANSA works closely with medical, educational, environmental and scientific institutions, industries, and with its licence holders, to achieve radiation protection and nuclear safety outcomes for the Australian community.
Web Address: https://www.arpansa.gov.au/