Fair Work Ombudsman
The Fair Work Ombudsman is a statutory office created by the Fair Work Act 2009. Our functions include:
- promoting harmonious, productive and cooperative workplace relations
- ensuring compliance with Australian workplace laws.
Our services are free to all workers and employers in Australia. We:
- offer a single point of contact for accurate and timely information about Australia’s workplace relations system
- educate people working in Australia about fair work practices, rights and obligations
- investigate complaints or suspected contraventions of workplace laws, awards and agreements
- litigate to enforce workplace laws and deter people from doing wrong in the community
- build strong and effective relationships with industry, unions and other stakeholders.