Access and Inclusion Index
Looking for a practical, sustainable approach to inclusion of people with disability? Want to bring access and inclusion to life across your organisation?
The Access and Inclusion Index is Australia’s foremost benchmarking tool for inclusion of people with disability. It provides a unique opportunity for you to drive access and inclusion outcomes across your whole organisation.
No matter where you are on the journey to disability confidence, the Index helps you:
- Deeply understand access and inclusion across your organisation
- Gain insights into areas of strength and opportunity
- Establish a foundation from which to build disability confidence and capability
- Set measurable performance goals across key business areas
- Build awareness and knowledge across your workforce
- Engage your whole organisation in the access and inclusion agenda
- Gain a roadmap to accelerate year-on-year progress
- Formulate a strategic plan for the future
How it works
The Index supports organisations to assess their performance against 10 key areas:
- Workplace Adjustments
- Communication and Marketing
- Products and Services
- Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Recruitment and Selection
- Career Development
- Suppliers and Partners
It has three parts:
Available to any organisation at no cost, the Access and Inclusion Index Quick 10 provides a snapshot of your current performance against key access and inclusion criteria. It also provides valuable information on how to progress in all 10 key areas.
Simply answer 10 quick questions to assess your maturity and get a score out of 100 to kick-start your access and inclusion journey.
As a member of AND, you can use the Index to comprehensively self-assess your organisation’s disability confidence and capability.
The Access and Inclusion Index Comprehensive Self-Assessment faciltates evaluation across each key area of business, which contributes to an overall score out of 100. Use it as a strategy to engage your leaders, develop targeted plans and set measurable goals for year-on-year progress.
Evaluation and Benchmarking
By submitting your Comprehensive Self-Assessment for evaluation and benchmarking, your organisation has a unique opportunity to gain a roadmap for improvement and be part of a national corporate benchmark on inclusion of people with disability.
We'll review your Comprehensive Self-Assessment and provide you with a bespoke report on your key strengths and opportunities for improvement. You can choose to receive an Accelerator Report or a Comprehensive Roadmap Report, both of which are available at any time in the year.
- Accelerator Report: Highlights top strengths and opportunities in each key area to guide your organisation's next steps.
- Comprehensive Roadmap Report: Provides a complete roadmap to progress your maturity to the next level in all key areas.
An annual Benchmark Report will provide an overview of the scores achieved by all participating organisations (Please note: data is kept anonymous). By comparing the oucomes of your evaluation with the average scores of the cohort, you can see how your organisation is performing relative to others. This report also shares stories of success, innovations and best practice from within our network.
Find out more
- Members Arup and NSW Department of Customer Service talk about how they are using the Access and Inclusion Index
- Three ways to use the Access and Inclusion Index to boost your disability confidence
- A passion for digital accessibility and employment earns Life Without Barriers a high score for Innovation
- Inclusiveness empowers Medibank to deliver better products and services
- Talking to everyone – ATO puts accessibility at the forefront of marketing and communication
- RMIT’s commitment to accessibility and inclusion earns top place in 2019-20 Index Benchmark Report
- Interview with Medibank: How we became a top performer in access and inclusion
- Inclusive recruitment and selection at NDIA
- Creative minds behind student mental wellbeing at RMIT
- Learnings from a legacy of inclusion at IBM
- Medibank – going from strength to strength in access and inclusion
- Advancing careers to build workforce capability at ANZ
- Realising Inclusion through adjustments at DHS
- From confusion to clarity and confidence – celebrating the 2017-18 results
- Innovation leads to accessible food at HealthShare NSW
- Australian Tax Office innovates through workplace adjustments
- Fit for all communications at Life Without Barriers