Accessible Procurement Taskforce
The Australian Network on Disability established an ‘Accessible Procurement Taskforce.’ The taskforce brings together AND members, suppliers and individuals with lived experience of disability to create frameworks and guidance around purchasing accessible and inclusive goods and services.
Formed in 2019, the taskforce was a response to the lack of frameworks and guidance around purchasing accessibly. Purchasing accessibly from the outset is in the best interest of organisations, but identifying how to purchase accessible goods and services is too large of a challenge for one organisation alone to resolve.
The goal was to make it easier for employers through the development of frameworks and guidance materials.
The taskforce plans to focus on four categories including:
- ICT (underway)
- Premises and facilities (underway)
- Marketing and communication
- HR systems and processes.
Each category will have their own team featuring organisations from both the public and private sector, a key supplier and a person with lived experience of disability.
These teams contribute to a framework for their category and will:
- test the frameworks they build
- develop guidance for their category
- identify challenges and develop methods to resolve challenges in their category
- provide feedback to other teams in other categories.
ICT working group
The ICT working group have developed an ICT Tender tool to support the procurement of inclusive and accessible ICT products and services. Based on the initial work by Business Disability International, and further developed by AND's Procurement Taskforce, the tool has been kindly made available to any organisation to use and review. To assist organisations to use the tool, the working group are currently developing materials and resources to support procurement teams and educational tools for suppliers.
If you require the tool in an alternative format, please contact AND firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members and contributors
The taskforce is chaired by Matthew Hawkins of ANZ.
Our current members of the Accessible Procurement Taskforce include:
- Australian National University
- Australia Post
- Business Disability International (BDI)
- Crown Resorts
- Digital Transformation Agency
- Federal Department of Finance
- Federal Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
- National Disability Insurance Agency
- NSW Department of Education
- Services Australia
- Victorian Enablers Network.
If you are interested in the resources or being part of the Accessible Procurement Taskforce, contact your Relationship Manager or email us.