The agenda for our ninth Annual National Conference is as follows:
9:00 - 9:10: Welcome and housekeeping - MC, Sara James
9:10 - 9:15: Introduction to captioning - Tony Abrahams, CEO and Co-Founder of Accessibility Partner Ai-Media
9:15 - 9:30: Welcome from AND and launch of inaugural Access and Inclusion report - AND Chair Peter Wilson AM
9:30 - 9:45: Introducing the new model Disability Employment Service - Assistant Minister Jane Prentice
9:45 - 10:30: Keynote presentation: 'Setting the Standard' - Mark McLane, Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) at Barclays.
10:30 - 10:45: Meet your colleagues
10:45 - 11:05: MORNING TEA
11:05 - 11:55: Panel discussion: Employment by design: Purposeful approaches
- Kevin Figueiredo, General Manager Safety, Health and Wellbeing at Woolworths Limited
- Damir Kucan, Executive General Manager of Human Resources, Crown Perth
- Suzanne Colbert AM, Chief Executive, Australian Network on Disability
- John Craven, Chair, Specialisterne Australia.
12:00 - 13:00: Workshops
- The measurement effect: Using the Access and Inclusion Index to direct resources for maximum impact.
- Designs in detail: Investigating employment models and strategies that work.
- Opening your recruitment door: Learn how to free your recruitment practices from unintentional barriers.
13:00 - 13:55: Lunch
14:10 - 14:40: Made for me too: Inclusion by design - Rhonda Galbally AO, Director, National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
14:45 - 15:30: Panel discussion: Enabling success through workplace adjustments
- Jesse E. Olsen, Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Workplace Leadership, University of Melbourne
- Ed Holicky, Assistant Director, Workplace Diversity, Australian Taxation Office
Amanda Lawrie-Jones, Senior Disability Consultant, Accessible Action.
15:30 - 15:50: Afternoon tea
15:55 - 16:25: Inclusive marketing - Catia Malaquias, Founder, Starting with Julius and Angel Dixon, model, advocate, blogger and designer.
16:25 - 16:40: Closing address - Alastair McEwin, Disability Discrimination Commissioner
16:45 - 17:00: Close - Suzanne Colbert AM, Chief Executive, Australian Network on Disability
17:00 - 17:30: Optional tour of the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
17:30 - 19:30: Networking drinks
Please note. Times are approximate and may change as more speakers are confirmed.