To read the position descriptions for internships available, see Current Opportunities. Please note, this page will be regularly updated as new positions become available.
Opportunities will be available in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Hobart, Darwin and more.
Program disciplines include:
- Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Actuarial Studies
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and Commerce
- Communications and Marketing
- Environmental Studies
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Marketing and Sales
- Mining Oil and Gas
- Planning and Surveying
- Research, Public Policy and Development
How to apply
To apply for a Stepping Into internship, please complete our online application form.
Please note, your application will only be considered once you have received a confirmation email.
Though you cannot apply for individual positions, you can inform us of your preferences in the interview stage of your application.
We will advise you of the outcome of your application in May. Please note that internships are only available for university students with disability in their final or penultimate year of study. For more information, please read the eligibility criteria.
Before applying, please ensure you have the following documents prepared to submit
- University transcript
- Proof of Eligibility (Disability Access Plan or relevant medical documentation). Please see eligibility requirements for the Stepping Into program. International students with full working rights in Australia may be eligible for non-government positions.
The Stepping Into team are available throughout the entire process for support, advice and guidance on how to ensure your internship is a success.
- Applications must be received by AND, by the nominated deadline.
- The program dates are flexible and will fit in with the university break. Internship start dates are negotiated with the host employer.
- AND will review the applications to ensure each one meets the eligibility criteria set out above.
- Each participating organisation will assess candidates against that organisation’s individual criteria to select candidates for interview.
- Participating organisations will be responsible for notifying successful and unsuccessful candidates for interview and for offers of a placement.
- Each participating organisation is responsible for implementing its work experience program with assistance from AND.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide feedback on all aspects of this program, including the application and interview process and the work experience program. This feedback is invaluable in developing further programs to assist students with a disability gaining work experience in their field of study.
If you require an alternate application method, do not hesitate to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9621 2276.
Find out more
If you’d like to find out more, please email email@example.com or call 1300 36 36 45 to speak to a member of the Stepping Into team.
To keep updated on when new opportunities arise, sign up to our Mailing List.