Applications for our Winter 2017 program are now open.
Opportunities will be available in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart, Darwin and more.
Apply now to stay up to date with positions available across a range of industries and disciplines.
Program disciplines include:
- Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Actuarial Studies
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and Commerce
- Communications and Marketing
- Environmental Studies
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Marketing and Sales
- Mining Oil and Gas
- Planning and Surveying
- Research, Public Policy and Development
The Stepping Into team are available throughout the entire process for support, advice and guidance on how to ensure your internship is a success.
To apply for a Stepping Into internship, please complete our online application form. We will keep you informed of opportunities in your chosen field and location, and advise you of the outcome of your application in mid-April. Please note that internships are only available for university students with disability in their final or penultimate year of study. For more information, please read the eligibility criteria.
Before applying, please ensure you have the following documents prepared to submit
- Cover letter
- University transcript
- Proof of Eligibility (Disability Access Plan or relevant medical documentation). Please see eligibility requirements for the Stepping Into program. International students with full working rights in Australia may be eligible for non-government positions.
- Applications must be received by AND, by the nominated deadline.
- The program dates are flexible and will fit in with the university break. Internship start dates are negotiated with the host employer.
- AND will review the applications to ensure each one meets the eligibility criteria set out above.
- Each participating organisation will assess candidates against that organisation’s individual criteria to select candidates for interview.
- Participating organisations will be responsible for notifying successful and unsuccessful candidates for interview and for offers of a placement.
- Each participating organisation is responsible for implementing its work experience program with assistance from AND.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide feedback on all aspects of this program, including the application and interview process and the work experience program. This feedback is invaluable in developing further programs to assist students with a disability gaining work experience in their field of study.
Find out more
If you’d like to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 03 9621 2276 to speak to a member of the Stepping Into team. We will also be running online information sessions over the next few weeks, which we encourage alll applicants to attend.
We will keep you informed of opportunities in your chosen field and location, and advise you of the outcome of your application in mid-April.