Applications are now open for Stepping Into Internships - Summer 2021/2022!
If you are a university student in your final or penultimate year of study and identify as having a disability, mental health condition or chronic illness you can apply now.
The Stepping Into team are available throughout the entire process for support, advice and guidance on how to ensure your internship is a success.
Program disciplines include:
- Accounting, Banking and Finance
- Actuarial Studies
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and Commerce
- Communications and Marketing
- Environmental Studies
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Marketing and Sales
- Mining Oil and Gas
- Planning and Surveying
- Research, Public Policy and Development
Before applying, please ensure you have the following documents prepared to submit:
- University transcript
- Proof of Eligibility (Disability Access Plan or relevant medical documentation). Please see eligibility requirements for the Stepping Into program. International students with full working rights in Australia may be eligible for non-government positions.
- Applications must be received by AND, by the nominated deadline.
- Students only need to submit one application for each cohort - you can note your role preferences on your application form.
- The program dates are flexible and will fit in with the university break. Internship start dates are negotiated with the host employer.
- AND will review the applications to ensure each one meets the eligibility criteria set out above.
- Each participating organisation will assess candidates against that organisation’s individual criteria to select candidates for interview.
- Participating organisations will be responsible for notifying successful and unsuccessful candidates for interview and for offers of a placement.
- Each participating organisation is responsible for implementing any required workplace adjustments with assistance from AND.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide feedback on all aspects of this program, including the application and interview process and the work experience program. This feedback is invaluable in developing further programs to assist students with a disability gaining work experience in their field of study.
If you require an alternate application method, do not hesitate to contact our team at email@example.com or call 03 9621 2276.
Find out more
If you’d like to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 36 36 45 to speak to a member of the Stepping Into team.
To keep updated on when new opportunities arise, sign up to our Mailing List.