Benefits of membership
The Australian Network on Disability (AND) will work with you to help you build your disability confidence. This is your ability to confidently welcome people with disability across all aspects of your business.
We will support you to make your practices inclusive and accessible. This means you can recruit new employees from the entire talent pool and better meet the needs of your customers with disability.
One in five Australians experience some type of disability, so being able to proactively, effectively and confidently include this segment of the community is vitally important. It will help you to achieve tangible business benefits as well as give people with disability the chance to fully participate in society. The result is mutually beneficial. Ensuring equitable inclusion of people with disability is considered a business improvement strategy.
We can help you to:
- Articulate your specific business case for inclusion of people with disability
- Link strategies for access and inclusion to Human Resources, Diversity and Corporate Social Responsibility objectives.
- Build your disability confidence.
- Identify barriers and potential barriers to your customers and employees with disability.
- Break down stereotypes, prejudices and unconscious bias.
- Recruit the best employees by helping you access the entire talent pool.
- Be diversity leaders.
We do this through:
- Audit and review services to ensure your systems are barrier free for people with disability to access.
- Providing consultancy and tailored services to help you reach your goals.
- Presenting informative seminars and networking events.
- Managing innovative programs, internships and mentoring schemes.
- Writing informative publications to help support your work.
- Developing training modules.
- Providing accurate and timely information.
Find out more about our membership packages and inclusions.
Find out more about what we do.