Disability confidence for HR managers
The ability to effectively and confidently interview and select talented candidates with disability is vital for businesses that want to reflect the communities in which they operate.
By proactively including people with disability in your recruitment strategy you can ensure that you provide your clients with the best possible candidates for their available roles.
Disability confidence for HR Managers will help you identify ways to develop your organisation’s capacity to be a confident employer of people with disability.
This training will challenge you, disrupt your thoughts and has the potential to help you facilitate change in practice and processes across the organisation.
The training will be done through discussion, group activities, scenarios and video.
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Understand the importance of disability confidence for individuals and the whole organisation
- Have greater awareness of what disability is in the Australian society
- Be confident in using the right language and doing the right things
- Understand the value of inclusive behaviours and attitudes
- Understand the key concepts, such as workplace adjustments, essential requirements and sharing information
- Understand good practice and ensuring the recruitment and selection processes are barrier free
- Understand disclosure of disability from both employees and employers perspective
- Be able to provide advice and support to Managers, including discussions on performance management
- Have awareness of the legislative requirements and considerations to the management of risk
- Know where to find further information and assistance.
For more information, or to book please contact us today.