Disability confidence for workforces
Building capacity to support and promote the inclusion of people with disability within your workforce will ensure that you can attract and retain from the entire talent pool and build a workforce that is representative of the broader community.
Disability confidence training for workforces assists staff to identify ways to develop an inclusive and accessible environment for employees, customers and stakeholders.
The training will be done through discussion, group activities, scenarios and video.
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Understand the importance of disability confidence for individuals and the whole organisation
- Have greater awareness of what disability is in the Australian society
- Be confident in using the right language and doing the right things
- Understand the value of inclusive behaviours and attitudes
- Understand the key concepts, such as workplace adjustments, inherent requirements and sharing information
- Understand good practice and ensuring the recruitment and selection processes are barrier free
- Understand disclosure of disability from both employees and employers perspective
- Be able to provide advice and support to Managers, including discussions on performance management
- Have awareness of the legislative requirements and considerations to the management of risk
- Know where to find further information and assistance.
For more information, or to book please contact us today.