Disability confidence for managers and supervisors
Being able to confidently manage people with disability within your teams will support you to develop an inclusive and enabling workplace culture.
Disability confidence training for managers and supervisors will challenge you, disrupt your thoughts and has the potential to facilitate change in practice and processes across your organisation.
The training will be done through discussion, group activities, scenarios and video.
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand the importance of disability confidence for individuals and the whole organisation
- Have greater awareness of what disability is in the Australian society
- Be confident in using the right language and doing the right things
- Understand the value of inclusive behaviours and attitudes
- Understand the key concepts, such as workplace adjustments, essential requirements and sharing information
- Understand disclosure of disability from both employees and employers perspective
- Be confident to have appropriate discussions regarding performance management
- Have awareness of the legislative requirements and considerations to the management of risk
- Recognise the importance of access to learning and development opportunities
- Know where to find further information and assistance.
For more information, or to book please contact us today.