Disability Confident Recruiter Investment Opportunity
The Disability Confident Recruiter package is currently under development following requests from AND members.
We often hear from many of our members that while they work very hard to ensure their business practices and processes are barrier-free to people with disability, it can be difficult to gain traction with external recruitment suppliers and labour hire providers to achieve referrals from candidates with disability. AND’s Disability Confident Recruiter package aims to give recruitment providers the skills and tools required to increase their disability confidence, with the end result of more candidates with disability being shortlisted for roles.
To be recognised as a Disability Confident Recruiter, AND will guide recruitment providers to:
- Remove unintended barriers to the recruitment and selection process
- Create a reasonable adjustment policy and procedure
- Test the accessibility of their website
- Create a diversity statement for internal and external use
- Train recruitment consultants and staff in disability confidence via an E-Learning program.
Once these steps are achieved, recruiters will be awarded the Disability Confident Recruiter logo, to use on all job advertising, and internal and external marketing collateral.
AND is seeking input from Members to design the Disability Confident Recruiter package.
DCR Member Taskforce Opportunity $5,000 + GST
Taskforce members are encouraged to:
- Gauge the current confidence level internally with existing recruitment providers
- Host an event for existing recruitment providers to discuss the Disability Confident Recruiter package.
Return on investment:
- Opportunity to have input into the design of the Disability Confident Recruiter E-Learning program
- Demonstration of your organisation’s commitment to inclusion of people with disability throughout all aspects of the recruitment process
- Taskforce members’ logos displayed on relevant DCR page on AND website, as well as on all promotional material
- Opportunity to leverage involvement in the Taskforce for internal and external promotional opportunities.