Confident Conversations for Managers to create Mentally Healthy Teams
According to the Black Dog Institute, one in five (20%) Australians aged 16-85 experience a mental illness in any year. As such, many employees in Australian organisations will experience or are experiencing a mental health issue.
This training assists you to understand the context of mental health in the workplace and identify ways to develop your organisations’ culture to be more inclusive and drive positive workforce wellbeing. Barriers for people with mental health are discussed and an understanding of workplace adjustments is developed.
Confident Conversations for Managers to create Mentally Healthy Teams will provide an open environment for participants to ask questions and has the potential to disrupt thoughts and increase inclusive behaviours and attitudes.
The training will be done through discussion, group activities, scenarios and video.
Upon completion of training you will:
- Understand the importance of good mental health and workplace wellbeing for individuals and the whole organisation
- Have greater awareness of disability including mental health in the Australian society
- Be confident in using the right language and doing the right things
- Understand the value of inclusive behaviours and attitudes
- Understand the key concepts, such as workplace adjustments, and sharing information
- Have awareness of the legislative requirements
- Be aware of mental health conditions and impact to the individual and organisation
- Understand and be able to recognise some of the barriers people may experience in the workplace and how to overcome these
- Increase confidence in opening up conversations to create mentally healthy teams
- Looking after you own mental health and wellbeing
- Know where to find further information and assistance
For more information, or to book please contact us today.