Mental health and wellbeing for workforce
According to the Black Dog Institute, one in five (20%) Australians aged 16-85 experience a mental illness in any year. As such, many employees in Australian organisations will experience or are experiencing a mental health issue.
This training assists you to understand the context of mental health in the workplace and identify ways to develop your organisations’ culture to be more inclusive and drive positive workforce wellbeing. Barriers for people with mental health are discussed and an understanding of workplace adjustments is developed.
The training will provide an open environment for you to ask questions and has the potential to disrupt thoughts and increase inclusive behaviours and attitudes. This will be done through discussion, group activities, scenarios and video.
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Understand the importance of good mental health and workplace wellbeing for individuals and the whole organisation
- Have greater awareness of mental health in the Australian society
- Be confident in using the right language and doing the right things
- Understand the value of inclusive behaviours and attitudes
- Understand the key concepts, such as workplace adjustments, and sharing information
- Have awareness of the legislative requirements
- Be aware of mental health conditions and impact to the individual and organisation
- Knowledge /awareness of how you can look after your own mental health and wellbeing
- Increase confidence in opening up conversations about mental health and mental illness in the workplace
- Know where to find further information and assistance
For more information, or to book please contact us today.