Office Manager - Sydney
The Australian Network on Disability (AND) is a not for profit organisation funded by its members to take a leadership role in advancing employment for people with disability. Our members include blue chip private sector and public sector organisations across Australia.
We assist organisations to build skills and confidence in relation to people with disability as employees and customers.
About the role
Reporting to the Deputy CEO, the role of Office Manager involves managing our finances, HR processes and records, suppliers and reporting systems, office and IT facilities in our Sydney and Melbourne offices.
You will contribute to the overall success of the organisation by managing AND’s financial accounts and ensure the smooth running of facilities and HR systems and processes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing timely and accurate bookkeeping and reports, as well as ensuring day to day office systems are effective and efficient.
Based in our Sydney CBD office, the role is full time and working hours are flexible.
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, cash flow forecasts, superannuation management using an accrual method
- Submit fortnightly timesheets to external pay provider
- Reconcile accounts
- Work with IT suppliers to ensure system is fit for purpose with minimum downtime
- Liaise with external payroll provider
- Reconcile program (specifically our Stepping Into internship program) income, salaries and superannuation
- Review contracts with customers for compliance and invoice management
- Purchase office equipment as necessary
- Manage staff timesheets and leave records
- Support with HR functions such as letters of offer and contracts
- Assist with WHS meetings and minutes
- Annual compliance review and report
- Prepare performance reports
- Assist with preparation of material for board meetings
- Oversee the Administration Officer
Qualifications and capabilities
Minimum requirement is Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent.
Essential experience and skills
- More than 3 years bookkeeping experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash flow forecasts, superannuation management and payments using an accrual method
- Experience preparing and interpret financial reports
- Experience preparing annual budgets
- Experience reconciling bank accounts and various income and expenditure accounts
- Experience with Xero accounting software
- Experience in selecting and managing suppliers
- Experience with facilities management including contract management for works when required
- Experience with CRMs - Salesforce preferred
- Written and oral communication skills including good telephone etiquette
- Intermediate Word, Outlook and Excel skills, basic Powerpoint skills.
- Commitment to, and understanding of, company vision and purpose and willingness to learn and understand AND products and services
- Highly organised with ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple tasks with a high level of attention to detail
- Self-starter who is open minded and results focused
- A friendly demeanor and pro-active can do attitude
- The ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Commitment to contributing to a positive team environment
- Open minded with the ability to work collaboratively
- Strong work ethic
- Professional, reliable and flexible
Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the necessary skills and experience and expected salary range to email@example.com.
We are an inclusive employer and encourage applications from candidates with disability, and other diverse groups. Decisions are never based on stereotypical assumptions or personal characteristics or circumstances.