Program Coordinator (Sydney)
- Full-time, permanent role based in Sydney CBD.
- Be part of a highly productive, collaborative and friendly team.
- Contribute to the success of our world-leading programs.
- Support talented people with disability to build their skills and launch their careers.
We’re looking for a highly productive Program Coordinator to join our fabulous team. This role demands a positive attitude, excellent organisational skills and a talent for communication.
The Australian Network on Disability (AND) is a not-for-profit organisation that is resourced by its members to advance inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business. We help our members to welcome people with disability as employees, customers and suppliers.
We achieve this through facilitating member networking and events, managing programs, developing publications, facilitating training sessions and our consultancy services.
In combination, our members across the private, public, education and for-purpose sectors employ more than 11% of the Australian workforce.
AND has an affirmative action employment strategy for people with disability and makes adjustments to accommodate individuals in the recruitment and selection and employment process.
About the business unit
AND runs two programs that connect their member organisations with students and jobseekers with disability: Stepping Into internships and PACE Mentoring. These programs provide people with disability workplace exposure and an opportunity to develop their employability skills, while building disability confidence and leadership skills amongst the participating staff from member organisations.
About the role
As a high-performing member of our Programs Team, you will contribute to the success of the Stepping Into and PACE Mentoring programs. Working closely with the Program Manager (Melbourne) and the other Program Coordinators (Sydney & Mlebourne), as well as Relationship Managers within the team. You will provide administration support and coordination to source applicants, match opportunities and monitor progress of placements across the two programs. Some interstate travel may be required.
Key deliverables of the role
- Manage and maintain accurate program data – including applications, matching information and correspondence
- Produce content and upload information onto the AND website
- Promote and market internship and mentoring opportunities to people with disability, through universities, disability employment services and other related organisations
- Liaise with university students and job seekers with disability by telephone and email and assist them to apply for mentoring and internship roles
- Build relationships and liaise with universities and other providers
- Conduct on-line surveys and prepare evaluation reports for AND members
- Assist with internship and mentoring matching process
- Conduct briefings and interviews with students and job seekers with disability, face to face and via Skype
Interested? Download the Program Coordinator Position Description (Word, 75 KB).
How to apply
Please send your CV, and a cover letter addressing the criteria in the Position Description, to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Sunday 31st January 2021.
Please direct any questions about the role to Isabel Heiner, Program Manager, via phone: 03 9621 2276 or email: email@example.com.
We are an inclusive employer and encourage applications from candidates with disability, and other diverse groups. Decisions are never based on stereotypical assumptions or personal characteristics or circumstances.