Speakers announced: Join the global celebration
We have an incredible line up to kick start the celebration for the first #PurpleLightUp global broadcast on 3rd December 2020. We have an impressive agenda with presentations and stories from employee resource groups, senior leaders, champions and allies.
This powerful global movement connects us together to celebrate and acknowledge the economic contribution of people with disability around the world.
The Australian Network on Disability is honoured to be hosting the start of this party with a purpose. Come and join this free event, it is open to everyone.
Check out our jampacked agenda:
9am – Welcome
#PurpleLightUp event introduction and welcome by Kate Nash, Purple Space and Caroline Casey, The Valuable 500. There will then be an Oceania region introduction and welcome by Suzanne Colbert AM, CEO Australian Network on Disability and Phil Turner, Managing Director, Accessibility Tick, New Zealand.
9:20am – The Age of Inclusion
NSW Public Service Commission will discuss the Age of Inclusion: a new era, where we all have the opportunity to thrive.
9:25am – What I wish for
9:30am – Vehicles for Change: Effective Employee Resource Groups
NSW Department of Communities and Justice (NSW DCJ) will share how they achieved their ERG being acknowledged as a core part of NSW DCJ business, as a business unit rather than a resource group. This will be followed by a panel discussion to discover the moments ERG’s are most proud of and ideas for your organisation. Our panel:
- NSW Department of Communities and Justice: Michael Patterson, Senior Project Officer, Disability Inclusion Action Plan and Jacqueline Duncan, DCJ Disability Employment Network Chair
- VPS Enablers Network: Duncan Chew, Chair of VIC Department of Education and Training Enablers Network and President, Victorian Public Sector Enablers Network
- EY: Paul Scantlebury, Talent Attraction & Acquisition APAC Strategy Implementation Leader & Co-Chair Oceania Ability Network
10am – Let’s learn about access and inclusion in New Zealand
An interview with Phil Turner, Managing Director, Accessibility Tick, New Zealand.
10:10am – Senior Leadership commitment
Senior leaders from AGL, Infosys, KPMG and Tasmanian Government will share their commitments and inclusion plans for the future.
10:15am – What access and inclusion means
Event sponsors Microsoft and Siemens will discuss what access and inclusion means to them.
10:35am – Championing Inclusion
How are organisations harnessing their internal energy to drive systemic change? Our panel:
- NSW Public Service Commission: Jane Spring, Chief Operating Officer
- Attorney-General’s Department, Federal: Chris Moraitis, Department Secretary
- Hanes Brands Australasia: Kate Hann, Group General Manager Retail and International
- Rabobank: Edwin Van Raalte, Group Executive
11:15am – How do global organisations achieve inclusion of people with disability?
An interview with Ewen Stevenson, Group Chief Financial Officer, HSBC Global.
11:20am – What I learned
11:30am – Leaders share their thoughts for International Day of People with Disability
11:35am – 20 years on
An interview with Suzanne Colbert AM, founding CEO of Australian Network on Disability.
11:45am – Personal Leadership
Suzanne Colbert AM, will facilitate a thought-provoking conversation about applying personal leadership to achieve change. Our panelists will share their personal leadership experiences, insights and strategies to engage, equip and empower others on the journey to disability confidence. Our panel:
- Leonie Jackson, Executive Manager, Advocacy and Strategic Partnerships, The Deaf Society / Deaf Services Limited
- Chris Rodrigo, Consultant, KPMG Law
- Maryanne Diamond, General Manager, Participant Advocacy at the National Disability Insurance Agency
12.20pm – Summary and close
Learn, connect, and be inspired by organisations worldwide who share your passion for disability inclusion. The #PurpleLightUp Broadcast is free! Find out more about the Global Broadcast and how to register. Don't forget - you don't have to attend for the full 24 hours; feel free to drop into this party with a purpose whenever you can.
Download the 24-hour #PurpleLightUp broadcast agenda:
- 24-hour #PurpleLightUp broadcast agenda (PDF, 286KB)
- Please email email@example.com for an accessible Word version of the agenda.