Information for employers
Stepping Into is a national internship program that connects skilled and talented university students with disability to your business. It will support you to cultivate an inclusive and diverse workplace culture.
Managers and supervisors who have taken part in the program are impressed by the high calibre of students and tell us the program supports their colleagues to build their disability confidence.
Engaging with the Stepping Into program is simple. We’ll find talented students with disability and assess their eligibility. We’ll manage student and workplace briefings prior, as well as the evaluation and feedback process after internships are completed.
When you start to build relationships with talented candidates with disability, you'll discover there's a strong business case for workplace inclusion.
- Increase your disability confidence by working alongside people with disability.
- Be an employer of choice for people with disability.
- Grow a diverse and inclusive workforce to support innovation and change.
- Gain customer loyalty .
- Strengthen workplace morale and productivity.
- Studies show employees with disability have fewer scheduled absences than employees without disability, as well as increased tenure.
The Stepping Into program is run twice each year. Review the below timeline to consider participating in the upcoming cohort. Contact AND for alternate options.
- Expressions of interest: End of January
- Position details confirmed: End of February
- Shortlist of candidates provided by AND: Early May
- Internships commence: July
- Expressions of interest: End of July
- Position details confirmed: End of August
- Shortlist of candidates provided by AND: Early November
- Internships commence: December/January/February
Please contact Isabel Heiner Program Manager on 03 9614 2089 or email email@example.com to express interest.
Find out more
Download the Stepping Into for Members brochure.
- Check out our frequently asked questions
- Dial in to a webinar:
- 6th February 2020, 12:30pm (Syd/Melb/Can time)
- Click here at the time to open webinar presentation , use Participant Code: 6367393293
- Dial this teleconference line at the time for webinar audio: ph. 1800 896 323, Participant Code: 6367 393 293#
 According to a University of Massachusetts survey, 92% of the American public view companies that hire people with disability more favourably than those that do not. 87% of the public also agree that they would prefer to give their business to companies that hire people with disability.