Information for employers
Stepping Into is a national internship program that connects skilled and talented university students with disability to your business. It will support you to cultivate an inclusive and diverse workplace culture.
Managers and supervisors who have taken part in the program are impressed by the high calibre of students and tell us the program supports their colleagues to build their disability confidence.
Engaging with the Stepping Into program is simple. We’ll find talented students with disability and assess their eligibility. We’ll manage student and workplace briefings prior, as well as the evaluation and feedback process after internships are completed.
When you start to build relationships with talented candidates with disability, you'll discover there's a strong business case for workplace inclusion.
- Increase your disability confidence by working alongside people with disability.
- Be an employer of choice for people with disability.
- Grow a diverse and inclusive workforce to support innovation and change.
- Gain customer loyalty .
- Strengthen workplace morale and productivity.
- Studies show employees with disability have fewer scheduled absences than employees without disability, as well as increased tenure.
Download the Stepping Into for Members brochure.
Find out more
If you have questions, you might find the answer you’re looking for in our frequently asked questions section.
We are now accepting expressions of interest from employers interested in participating in the Summer 2018/19 program. Please contact Isabel Heiner, Program Manager, on 03 9621 2276 or email email@example.com.
 According to a University of Massachusetts survey, 92% of the American public view companies that hire people with disability more favourably than those that do not. 87% of the public also agree that they would prefer to give their business to companies that hire people with disability.