Work with us
A career with an impact
Working for the Australian Network on Disability, you will have the opportunity to affect systemic change that supports people with disability to participate equitably as employees, customers and stakeholders.
With a national focus and sites in Sydney and Melbourne, the Network is a progressive organisation with competitive remuneration and flexible working practices. We have high standards of accountability and a culture that values excellent service, innovation and continuous improvement.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from candidates with disability, and other diverse groups.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of merit and competence to secure the best candidate for the job.
About the role
- The role of Relationship Manager is to influence change within AND member organisations so that they become more accessible and inclusive for candidates, employees, customers and stakeholders with disability
- You will provide consultancy services to guide organisations to achieve their accessibility and inclusion goals, including reviews, assessments and developing comprehensive reports
- The role requires the ability to travel interstate
Key deliverables of the role
- Support a portfolio of members to develop and achieve their diversity and inclusion goals as they relate to people with disability
- Undertake analysis and report back to members on practices, policies, action plans and opportunities for change
- Design and deliver programs, training, educational and promotional events
- Deliver customised services, information and referrals to members in a time effective and high quality manner
- Develop and manage projects with multiple stakeholders
- Support the delivery of informative and engaging networking events for AND members
- Contribute to providing cutting edge information to AND by staying up to date with relevant research and reports on a specific area of accessibility and inclusion e.g. Subject Matter Expert (SME) on accessible premises, or SME on accessible and inclusive recruitment
Qualifications and capabilities
- Bachelor Degree in any relevant discipline. May include Commerce, Business, Human Resources, Education etc.
Experience and knowledge
- At least 2 years’ experience in roles that require strong interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Experience in, or knowledge of, developing diversity and inclusion strategies and an excellent understanding of the barriers experienced by people with disability
- Experience in research, analysis and report writing
- Experience in influencing change or providing recommendations for new ways of working
- Experience in facilitating training sessions and or delivering presentations to groups
- Builds trust and loyalty
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for providing outstanding customer experiences
- Organise workflow and priorities independently
- Self-confident, assertive, resilient and flexible
- Hardworking with a good work ethic
- Good listener who is able to understand and analyse needs
- Uses feedback to drive improved performance
- Demonstrates a high level of self-awareness around personal improvement opportunities
- Team player – collaborate and participate in discussions and decision making across AND’s offices
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
- Experience in writing in-depth reports based on analysis of information and providing recommendations
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications
- Experience with, or willing to learn how to use, a Customer Relationship Management system (Salesforce)
- Able to, and comfortable with, using teleconferencing and videoconferencing for member and inter-office meetings
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (or similar) will be highly regarded, otherwise willingness to undertake relevant training
- Understand and comply with AND’s policies and procedures
- Actively support, promote and demonstrate commitment to Work Health and Safety
- Report any hazards identified.
Please email your application to email@example.com
Applications close 5 July 2019
For further information about working with AND, please get in touch.